Building Permit Applications
Building Code Official/Code Enforcement Officer
Building Permit Requirements
A permit is required before beginning residential or commercial construction projects including but not limited to building additions, alterations, replacing/repairing an existing structure or construction of an entirely new structure. If work is started in advance of obtaining a permit, the owner may be subject to fines determined by the District Magistrate. It is recommended that you call the Borough's Building Code Official to discuss your project, and the need for a permit.
Permit applications must include two copies of the property survey showing the location of the proposed construction and two copies of construction drawings/plans, if applicable. All oversized plans (larger than 11x17) must also submit an electronic copy of plans submitted.
Repairs and Work Not Requiring Permits
Permits are not required for the following; if unsure please contact Todd Carter for clarification.
- "Cosmetic" remodeling which would include replacement of existing kitchen or bathroom cabinets and floors.
- Replacement of gutters, soffit, downspouts, facia and siding
- Replacement of existing windows and/or doors with same size
- Resurfacing or repairing an existing paved driveway as long as the driveway is not expanded in any dimension
- Roof replacement (unless changes are made to the structure)
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Documents sorted by SEQ in Ascending Order within category
Green Tree Borough Permit Applications & Instructions9 documents
- Green Tree Borough Zoning Map
- Building Permit Fee Schedule (Residential or Commercial)
- Fire Code Construction Permits and Fees
- Demolition Permit Application (residential or commercial)
- Grading Permit Application (residential or commercial)
- Street Opening Permit Application
- Communication Antenna on Existing Utility Structure
- Mechanical Device Application
- Conditional Use Application
Commercial Building Permits4 documents
Fire Code Permits3 documents
Residential Building Permits12 documents
- Residential New Construction Building Permit Application
- Residential Addition/Renovation Building Permit Application
- Residential Building Permit Requirements
- Residential Inspection Schedule
- Driveway/Parking Pad Permit Application
- Shed or Fence Permit Application
- Garage Permit Application
- Deck Permit Application
- Swimming Pool Permit Application
- Swimming Pool Inspection Schedule
- Garage/Deck/Pool Permit Requirements
- Portable Storage Container Permit Application