Municipal Tax Cert/Lien Letter
A municipal lien certificate is required for the sale, transfer and refinance of all real estate property in the Borough of Green Tree. A two-week notice is required. Call Babette Legler at 412.921.1110 for additional information.
- Submit a completed Municipal Tax Certification/Lien Letter Request form with the amount due:
- Tax Certification $15.00
- Lien Letter (Includes Sewage Certification) $35.00
- Occupancy Permit (Residential Sales Only) $10.00
- Include a separate self-addressed, postage-paid envelope for each request you want returned.
- Lien letters, tax certifications, and occupancy permits will not be released until the dye test and televised lateral inspection is completed and approved. If you received an “Evidence of Compliance” letter, but the sale fell through you may use that letter for the next sale. Please provide a copy of that letter when requesting the new lien letter, tax certification, and/or occupancy permit. This letter is good only if the owner has not changed.
- Commercial occupancy permits will only be issued after an inspection of the property. Call Todd Carter at 412-921-8029 to make arrangements.