Related Pages

Common Police Questions

Common questions and concerns are below.  Can't find your question?  Contact the police department at 412.921.8624, they are here for you. 

How do I contact the police?

For emergencies or when you need to speak to a police officer regarding a situation that is happening/just happened, always call 911. If you have non-emergency situation and need to speak to an officer or see one in person, call 412.473.3056. The police department administrative assistant can be reached Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm at 412.921.8624.

How do I get a copy of a police or accident report?

Accident reports can be obtained by the involved persons or their legal representatives by calling 412.921.8624 between 9:00 am to 1:00 pm Monday through Friday, or by written request. There is a $15.00 fee.  The Green Tree Police will only release investigative reports to law enforcement or CHRIA-eligible agencies.

How do I get in touch with a specific Green Tree Police Officer?
Visit Police Department main page to get each of the police officer's contact information.

How do I contact the Green Tree Magistrate's Office?

Magistrate Office

Can I walk my dog or ride a bike in Green Tree Park?

Chapter 225-5 Pets.

How does the point system in PA work?
PA Point System 

Can I have tinted windows in PA?

Vehicle Window Tint Fact Sheet

What should I do when I am stopped by the police?

Police Stop Guidelines

How do I compliment or complain about a Green Tree Police Officer?

If you wish to speak with the Chief of Police or Mayor about a police encounter, you can stop at the police station, call 412.921.8624 or email. 

Is fingerprinting offered by the police department?
The police department does not have live scan capabilities for finger printing.  IndentGO by IDEMIA, Pittsburgh Fingerprinting Serivces and Proof Positive Fingerprinting provides fingerprinting services.

How do I get my child car seat inspected/checked?
MRTSA provides this service.