Summer Recreation Program
Green Tree Summer Recreation Program
June 19 to July 21
Monday - Thursday 9:00 - 11:00 am
Fridays - POOL DAYS! - 10:00 - 11:30 am
Wilson Park & Pool
**REGISTRATION BEGINS MONDAY, MAY 22 AT THE GREEN TREE BOROUGH ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICE**
The Green Tree Summer Recreation Program provides organized activities, crafts, games, special days, and supervised play time. The program is recommended for children entering kindergarten through Grade 6.
There will be NO Summer Recreation on the following dates:
Wednesday, June 21 - Kennywood School Picnic Day
Tuesday, July 4 - Fourth of July Holiday
Wednesday, July 5 - Fourth of July Holiday
Wednesday, July 19 - Splash Lagoon Trip
2023 Summer Recreation Registration
Permission to Allow Child to Leave Summer Recreation Unescorted Form
Carpool Permission Slip
Arts & Crafts Schedule
Special Days at Summer Recreation
Summer Recreation Fees
Summer Recreation Drop Off & Pick Up Guidelines
- Drop off time is between 8:40 - 9 am, except on Friday (pool days) it is between 9:40 - 10 am.
- Drop your child(ren) off at the circle of the pool parking lot on Poplar Street. When picking your child up from recreation, please follow the same procedure as drop off. Please be patient and wait your turn if there is a line of cars.
- DO NOT allow your child(ren) to exit your vehicle and walk by themselves through the parking lot. Please wait in line until your vehicle reaches the drop off point!
- Your child(ren) will be checked in by a counselor who will direct them to their group's location.
- Pick up time is 11 - 1:15 am Monday-Thursday and 11:30 - 11:45 am on Fridays. Pickups are in the same location at the circle of the pool parking lot. Wait in your vehicle and we will escort your child to you for pick up.
- If you are going to the pool and want to park and meet your child at the pool entrance, let us know in advance and counselors will escort your child to the pool.
If you allow your child(ren) to walk home by themselves from Summer Recreation, you will need to complete the "Permission to Allow Child to Leave Summer Recreation Unescorted" beforehand or when registering for the Summer Recreation Program. Child(ren) may not leave Summer Recreation unescorted without a parent/guardian completing this form.
Also, if you are carpooling this summer, please complete the "Carpool Permission Slip" form beforehand or when registering for the Summer Recreation Program.