Volunteer Bank Application
By contributing your time and talents to the Borough’s boards and committees and/or community programs/events, you will help strengthen the quality of life in our community. Volunteers make it possible to deliver many of the services that make the Borough of Green Tree a great place to live and work. Volunteers must be a resident of the Borough of Green Tree.
The characteristics of the Borough’s volunteers are as follows:
- The ability to work with fellow members.
- The ability to facilitate and participate in discussions in a productive manner.
- The ability to employ techniques to prevent divisive discussions and processes.
- Assist in assuring an environment of respect for opposing views.
- Ability to lead in a positive, constructive manner and make sound recommendations and decisions on those facts.
If you are interested in being considered as a member, please complete the online Volunteer Bank Application form. The information that you provide on this form will assist Green Tree Borough in understanding your interest and your preferred avenue of service. The following procedures are taken for a vacant board position.
- Vacancies will be posted on the website and social media.
- Acknowledgement of receipt of application will be sent within seven business days.
- The application will be forwarded to the appropriate Council Committee for review.
- The Council committee will conduct interviews with the qualified applicants.
- The Council committee will make recommendations to Council for consideration.
- Appointments will be made following a majority vote of Council.
- Successful appointees will be notified within one week of the date of appointment.
- All other applicants will be notified within one week of the vote by Council.
Under the Pennsylvania Child Protective Services Law, volunteers (age 18 and older) having routine interaction with children are required to obtain and submit background clearances.