SHCAC Animal Control officers are on duty seven days per week from 7:00 am to 9:00 pm Monday through Friday and 7:00 am to 3:00 pm Saturday and Sunday. They also provide emergency service 24‑hours per day, at the request of Police Officers. You may contact them through the non-emergency County dispatch number at 412.279.6911 to:
- Pickup dogs, cats and wild animals running at large.
- Remove all type of animals (except skunks) from inside/outside of home.
- Pickup deer or larger road-killed animals.
- Set box traps.
- Transport various animals to the County Health Department for rabies testing.
The Borough of Green Tree provides for following services.
- Dead animals smaller than a deer are picked up by the Public Works Department. Call 412.921.1110 to request assistance.
- Rats. Baiting is done by a licensed employee of Public Works. Call 412.921.1110 to report your concern/request for service.
- Inhumane animal treatment or barking dog complaint. Contact Green Tree Police at the non-emergency number 412.279.6911.
- Domestic pet removal. Contact your private veterinarian.
- Skunks. Contact private company.
- Bees. Contact private company.
When SHCAC picks up a lost dog or cat, they will post its picture and any information it has about the animal on their website.
When your pet is lost or you find a wandering pet, call 412.279.6911 to report the missing/wandering pet.
Pennsylvania Law requires owners to obtain dog licenses by January 1st of each year. Violations can result in fines up to $300/day. To be in compliance with this law, dog owners must obtain the Allegheny County License.