Related Pages

Animal Control

The Borough of Green Tree participates in a joint animal control program with Mt. Lebanon, Dormont, Scott Township, Upper St. Clair, Whitehall, Castle Shannon, Heidelberg, Carnegie, Rosslyn Farms, Baldwin Township, Pennsbury Village, Bethel Park, and Baldwin Borough.  The South Hills Cooperative Animal Control (SHCAC) is administered through the Mt. Lebanon Police Department.  The business office is located in the Mt. Lebanon Public Safety Building at 555 Washington Road, Mt. Lebanon.  The kennel facility, known as Clair’s Kennel, is a short-term limited occupancy facility located in Upper St. Clair Township at the rear of the municipal building at 1820 McLaughlin Run Road, Upper St. Clair.  

SHCAC Animal Control officers
are on duty seven days per week from 7:00 am to 9:00 pm Monday through Friday and 7:00 am to 3:00 pm Saturday and Sunday.  They also provide emergency service 24‑hours per day, at the request of Police Officers.  You may contact them through the non-emergency County dispatch number at 911 to: Animal Ctrl Staff

  • Pickup dogs, cats and wild animals running at large.
  • Remove all type of animals (except skunks) from inside/outside of home.
  • Pickup deer or larger road-killed animals.
  • Set box traps.
  • Transport various animals to the County Health Department for rabies testing.

The Borough of Green Tree
provides for following services.
  • Dead animals smaller than a deer are picked up by the Public Works Department.  Call 412.921.1110 to request assistance.
  • Rats.  Baiting is done by a licensed employee of Public Works.  Call 412.921.1110 to report your concern/request for service.
  • Inhumane animal treatment or barking dog complaint.  Contact Green Tree Police at the non-emergency number 911.
Services NOT provided.
  • Domestic pet removal.  Contact your private veterinarian.
  • Skunks.  Contact private company.
  • Bees.  Contact private company.
Pet Find Project
When SHCAC picks up a lost dog or cat, they will post its picture and any information it has about the animal on their website.

When your pet is lost or you find a wandering pet, call 911 to report the missing/wandering pet.

Pet Licenses
Pennsylvania Law requires owners to obtain dog licenses by January 1st of each year.  Violations can result in fines up to $300/day.  To be in compliance with this law, dog owners must obtain the Allegheny County License.